PENELOPE will provide:
- A closed-loop digital pipeline connecting engineering, management and production for defining a more accurate manufacturing strategy from initial design.
- Zero-defect manufacturing strategy for a continuous monitoring of product quality and distortion, providing an early detection of product defects and minimising its propagation in the manufacturing chain. Novel AIpowered digital twins allow optimising manufacturing processes, reacting to the inevitable disturbances and variations, typical of the manufacturing of large-scale parts.
- Robot-supported manufacturing based on worker-centric solutions in shared workspaces, in which industry-specific workers’ knowledge and skills are preserved, whilst robotic solutions assist the operator in the execution of the labour-intensive tasks by improving tasks performance, quality and productivity, for modular one-of-a-kind/ low-volume manufacturing of large, complex and high-quality components.
- Robot-based work-holding devices reducing the need of jigs and fixtures as well as increasing manufacturing accuracy by implementing dynamic motion control strategies.
- Mobile and ubiquitous ICT technologies –worker-centric approach—, allowing workers to supervise manufacturing operations and production planning.