WEBINAR: Challenges for the European Manufacturing Industry
👉 Take a break to join our first Industry 4.0 Café to discuss the future of European factories – Register here!
📅 31 August – 12:00 CEST
ABOUT THIS WEBINAR:
A 20% increase in equipment utilisation, a 15% reduction in manufacturing costs…Those are some of the concrete real digital transformation benefits underlined by the manufacturing consulting company Aeva.
However attractive the benefits are, an essential question remains: how do you achieve digital transformation?
The European industrial landscape is made up mostly of SMEs. As a matter of fact, in 2015, enterprises employing fewer than 250 persons represented 99 % of all enterprises in the EU. Do these businesses have the knowledge, the funds, to digitalise their factory and substantially improve their productivity?
ABOUT THE PANEL:
This panel discussion will be hosted by representatives of 5 European manufacturing digitisation initiatives:
– Integradde, whose goal is to implement additive manufacturing for large metal parts,
– DIMOFAC, aiming at reconfiguring assembly lines faster to adapt to mass-customisation production,
– Penelope, developing a novel closed-loop digital pipeline,
– LevelUp, intending to make industrial equipment last longer,
– I4MS, the flagship European initiative to digitalise SMEs in Europe.
- Maria Roca (Moderator): M.SC in Scientific Culture and Innovation, I4MS Project Manager at FundingBox
- Cécile Girardot (Speaker): Ph.D. in Materials Sciences, expert in microelectronics, DIMOFAC Project Manager at CEA
- Ifigeneia Metaxa (Speaker): Chemical Engineer working in multidisciplinary teams , Technical Consultant at ATLANTIS Engineering
- Felix Vidal (Speaker): M.SC in Industrial Engineering and International Welding Engineer, Penelope Coordinator at AIMEN
- Camilo Prieto (Speaker): Senior Researcher on Laser-based manufacturing, Integradde Coordinator at AIMEN
Learn more about the Webinar Series On the Future Of The Manufacturing Industry here!